Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week 1 Review


The first week of senior project is over and while it was fun, it was much more difficult than I expected it to be. I was excited to be done with classes and have a lot of free time. However, I did not take into account the fact that all my free time was going to be a test of how good I really am at managing my time. The first day was a good example of this. I met with Dan for thirty minutes on Monday, but other than that I had not really planned any set times to work on my project. I really just did work whenever I felt like it. I quickly figured out that this was not a good way of going about things though. Though I got the necessary amount of work done for that day, I found myself feeling a little bit rushed late Monday night. After that I decided to set certain periods of time aside in order to complete my work. Tuesday was a much more organized day. I set aside two periods of time of a little over an hour each so I could complete my necessary work. I used that time to learn a little bit about the history of action sports, specifically the X Games. The X Games have been a key factor in the growth of action sports. It broadcasts the worlds top action sports athletes showing off their skills and pushing themselves in competitions. Dan also gave me a long list of songs which he wanted me to find the lyrics to. This was not as easy of a task as it might seem, because some of the songs have covers by other artists, and I also had to make sure the lyrics were completely correct and from a reliable source. Wednesday consisted of more research for Dan, and was organized in a pretty similar way. He asked me to find a little bit about the growth of extreme skiing and snowboarding during the 1980s and how the youth of that time supported the growth of the two activities. Some of the biggest causes for the growth was the quickly advancing technology on skis and snowboards as well as media. Thursday and Friday were more of the same. Thursday I did some research about the Warren Miller and Tri Star video agreement as well as the first bombing of the World Trade Center. Thursday was also a big day for the Boys Varsity Tennis team. We travelled to KUA and won, giving them their only loss so far this season. Friday consisted of more research, specifically about the video store industry, and MTV and CNN behind the Iron Curtain. In total this week I accumulated 13 hours of work on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment